Friday, June 4, 2010

My Birthday Weekend!!!

As many people know, I love my birthday!!!! Every year I start counting down once Christmas is over. My poor husband has to listen to my "only _______ days till my birthday," every single day. He is very relieved that it is over and done with so he doesn't have to to hear me talk about it all the time.
There was only one thing I wanted for my birthday this year, and that was for Joe to take me to Busch Gardens. We hadn't been to a theme park with roller coasters since before we started dating, 4years ago (I'm not counting Disneyland). I was very anxious to go. We planned on going on Friday the 21st because the park was only open on the weekend. We invited our good friends, the Wheelers, to go with us.
My birthday was on Thursday the 20th. I didn't really have any plans that day. I didn't have work and Joe was working most of the day (from 12pm-9pm). So to keep myself busy, I decided I was just going to do some laundry and house work. I know, totally boring!!! At around 11am, my great friend Dana called and asked if I wanted to go to the beach with her. I said, "Heck yes! That's way better than laundry!" We went to the beach for a few hours. It was so nice and relaxing (the way your birthday is supposed to be). She then went to work for a couple of hours while I did some laundry. Since she knoew Joe was working late, she invited me over for dinner. We ate yummy chicken and rice (my favorite) and she even had some ice cream for me with a candle on it. Mike and Dana sang happy birthday to me. It was awesome. She really made my birthday special. Thanks Dana!!!!
On Friday we were all set to go to Busch Gardens! We had an awesome time together. It wasn't too hot and the lines weren't too long. Though, I think it was the first time I actualyl felt a little old. Those rides were kind of intimidating. 10 years ago, I could practically get on anything over and over again and not feel a thing. This was a little different. I did go on most of the rides (the Griffen looked way too scary for me) and by the end of the day, I had the biggest headache! It was a long day. Super fun, but really long! Can't wait until we can go again!!!On Sunday, Joe's family threw me a birthday luau. It was really fun! Erin picked out all the decorations and Kristan and Trina made me a yummy strawberry cake. Larry grilled terriaki chicken and corn on the cob. Yum yum!!! We were planning on swiming, but it started to rain :( Overall, I had the best birthday weekend! Thanks to everyone for making it so special!!! Can't wait for next year!


No comments: